This is my father, George Romney, participating in a Civil Rights march in the Detroit suburbs during the late 1960s—“Force alone will not eliminate riots,” he said. “We must eliminate the problems from which they stem.” pic.twitter.com/SzrcAyfPD8— Mitt Romney (@MittRomney) June 6, 2020
I spent yesterday at my son’s birthday party.
He just turned six years old. He is oblivious to the world around him which is currently being engulfed in a bonfire of racial hatred. It is not coming from his father.
My son was born into a country where he is now an object of hatred because he is a White male. We are told by sanctimonious progressive liberals on television that he benefits from “systemic racism” and “white privilege.” This is a strange message to hear in our household.
- When White people like Daniel Shaver are murdered by the police and their killers walk free, no one seems to care much less start riots over it.
- When White people login to their Facebook or Amazon accounts, they are told Black Lives Matter. It seems like every multinational corporation in the United States supports the cause.
- I’ve been personally banned from Google Pay, YouTube, Stripe, Facebook, Twitter, PayPal and countless other services. And yet, I am the one who is privileged?
- Countless White people who even mildly oppose Black Lives Matter or who violate absurd politically correct taboos are “cancelled” by social media lynch mobs and fired from their jobs.
- White Nationalists were unanimously denounced by Congress after Charlottesville. The number of deaths, injuries and property damage from these riots far eclipse anything that happened there. And yet, the entire political and corporate establishment is backing them.
- Black identity is legitimate and celebrated in the political mainstream. In contrast, only White identity is vilified and deconstructed.
Why are we living this way?
How did America degenerate to this point? The answer is the mainstream Right.
By the late 1960s, the Left had moved on from Martin Luther King, Jr.’s dream when the country was set on fire in its last major spasm of race riots. The Left embraced racial consciousness and identity politics. The mainstream Right under Richard Nixon thought it was really clever to move into the vacuum and embrace the moral high ground of racial equality, colorblindness and individualism.
Now that 50 years have passed, this is still the status quo. The Left demonizes and represses White identity as “racism,” but celebrates every other form of identity. The Right denounces identity politics and represses White identity as “racism” on the grounds of classical liberalism, but panders to other identity groups because it is safe to do so. As a result, there is “no place” in the political mainstream to defend White identity. The effect over the long term is that all sorts of evil ideas about White people have seeped into the political mainstream and no one has been able to push back against it. Believe me, the mainstream Right has fought tooth and nail against everyone who has even tried for decades.
Result? White America has been completely delegitimized. Millions of people now think they are justified in burning down America too. That’s what they have been taught by our unbalanced culture. Mainstream conservatives aren’t morally capable of doing anything to push back against it either.
Conservative liberals are now pining their hopes on a Silent Majority backlash in November that will sustain them in power for a few more years. The riots have shown that it is more urgent and important to abandon these worthless people for the opposition to the Left can be redefined. It is better to lose an election than to continue to sustain a false opposition that puts up no resistance.
A picture is worth a thousand words.