Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the grinning face of True Conservatism.
We can’t stop children in Arkansas from getting permanent gender reassignment surgery based on fashionable nonsense which has been spread on websites like Tumblr over the last decade. This would be a bridge too far and a violation of our “limited government” principles.
A few points:
1. First, Gov. Asa Hutchinson is a well known Never Trumper, which is to say, a True Con who opposed Trump from the beginning. He was also one of these people like Bob Corker or Jeff Flake or Mitt Romney who condemned Trump over his response to Charlottesville.
2. Second, the Arkansas state legislature voted to override Hutchinson’s veto of this bill. Back in 2015, Hutchinson shot down a religious liberty bill for Walmart and signed a weaker version into law.
3. Third, this is likely just more performance art for the conservative base because the conservative legal movement has enthroned handpicked worthless geniuses like Neil Gorsuch and John Roberts on the Supreme Court who always fold like a deck of cards to appease the media.
4. Mainstream conservatism is a worthless ideology because people like Asa Hutchinson or Jeff Flake or Bob Corker used to be the governing wing of the Republican Party in the pre-Trump era. Essentially, these people were just stooges for corporate interests and wealthy donors.
5. We wouldn’t want the “far right” to take over and replace these losers in the Republican Party. Unlike the True Con suburban moderates, the “far right” has the exact opposite view on this subject. The “far right” is deeply conservative on social issues and anti-corporate on economics. The “far right” is moderate in the opposite way than the people who used to be the GOP establishment. We’re generally in favor of the $2,000 stimmy but opposed to issues like “trans women” in women’s sports.
CNN or PMC TV had a segment on “trans girls” this evening: