Is America better off on account of Jewish influence? Some facts and figures …
Jews are …
– … owners of America’s most influential newspaper, The New York Times.
– 40% of the wealthiest Americans.
– 40% of the partners at leading NYC and DC law firms.
– Over 50% of billionaires.
– More than 15% of top ranking civil servants.
– 17% of the leaders of important voluntary and public interest organizations.
– 20% of professors at the leading universities.
– Jews are 22% of Supreme Court Justices, 15% of U.S. Senators, 7% of the House of Representatives.
– In 1969, Jews were 17% of the combined faculties of the 17 most highly ranked universities. In the same group of elite universities, Jews accounted for 36% of law professors; 34% of sociologists; 28% of economists; 26% of physicists; 22% of historians and 20% of philosophers. At the time, Jews were overrepresented by about 700% in the nation’s leading departments of history and philosophy. That was 40 years ago.
– In 1970, 22% of Yale University professors were Jewish, as were 18% in Yale College. Jews were deans in 7 out of 10 of Yale’s schools and colleges.
– In 1974, Charles Kadushin found that Jews were 50% of America’s intellectual elite. 15 of the Top 21 public intellectuals were Jews.
– Virtually all the senior executives of major Hollywood stuidos are Jews. According to J.J. Goldberg, Jews account for over 59% of the writers, producers, and directors of top grossing films from 1965 to 1982, and 58 percent of directors, writers, and producers in two or more primetime television series.
– Although Jews are 2.2% of the electorate, 60% of campaign contributions collected by the Democratic Party come from Jewish sources; 35% collected by the Republican Party.
– Of the four religious denominations whose congressional representation has risen between 1964 and 2006, the Jewish increase from 17 to 43 has been the steepest.
– Of the 50 preeminent sociologists discussed in Dirk Kaesler’s Klassiker der Soziologie, approximately 30% are Jews.
– Of the forty-two biographical entries contained in The Dictionary of Anthropology, approximately 30% of Jews. 40% of the major biographical articles in the Encyclopedia of Social and Cultural Anthropology deal with the work of Jews.
– Jews constitute over 40% of the membership of the economic sciences division of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.
– In One Hundred Twentieth-Century Philosophers, Jews account for around 25% of entries.