Richard Hoste has a piece at his HBD Books site, Pitfalls of White Nationalism, which embraces the American right’s single most time-honored tradition: that of attacking somebody to the right of yourself to win the respect of our Leftist overlords.
Murray Rothbard [Jewish] in the 1990s wrote that while he opposed anti-Semitism, nobody in America who was an anti-Semite had any power so he focused on the dangers posed by anti-anti-Semites. I feel the same way. If Jews were being persecuted I would stand up for them, but many of them today are the persecutors both in America and Palestine. I don’t attack extreme white nationalists because they have no power either. The people who say race is nothing control the government and all intellectual discourse so why waste time bashing those who just as crazily think race is everything?
Still, to distance myself from opinions that are truly insane I have to say that this piece from Occidental Dissent is something else. It shows sympathy towards some sick ideology called “National Bolshevism.”
Based on Hoste’s article, one would be left with the entirely wrong impression that Gregory Hood was advocating for National Bolshevism. When one bothers to actually read the article and then recognize its place in the context of our fierce debate centering on the anti-American/pro-Soviet sentiments of Francis Parker Yockey, the concerns that our good friend Mr. Hood may be “truly insane” and enthralled by a “sick ideology” can be safely put to rest.
Does this sound to you like a man who’s delusional in his affinity for Russia…
Does this mean that the USSR was somehow some closet WN force? Of course not and it’s simply stupid to suggest that. The Soviet Union funded the guerrillas that washed away Rhodesia and white South Africa in rivers of blood. They promoted Latin American revolutionaries that were thinly veiled anti-white brown chauvinists. Communist propaganda constantly attacked our country as racist and spouted the usual anti-racist line. Nor was America some inherently destructive force. The USA manipulated elections to prevent the Reds from taking over Italy and France in the 1940’s. We used military coups to stop Communism in Greece and Chile, among other places. Overtly and covertly, America assisted right wing regimes around the world throughout the 20th century and, deliberately or not, fought for the pro white side in many cases.
For American white nationalists, National Bolshevism is something to be studied, for the truths revealed within and for its importance to contemporary politics, but not something to be emulated.
Personally, I think Hoste’s libertarianism is the truly insane, sick ideology. In fact, he may even be a “libertarian nut“.
Dear Richard Hoste…
- When you declare that you feel the “same way” as Murray Rothbard on the subject of anti-Semitism, believing it to be a “danger”, what do you define as anti-Semitism? Do you consider Justin Raimondo anti-Semitic? What about Pat Buchanan? Is somebody who asserts that Jews intrinsically have dual national loyalties and are therefore unfit for high office an anti-Semite?
- When you declare that you don’t attack extreme white nationalists because they have no power, are you implying that you would attack white nationalists if they had power, or only extreme ones? If so, would you please elucidate your distinction between an extreme white nationalist and a sensible one?
- Who “crazily [thought] race means everything“?
- What does race mean to you, personally? What sacrifices would you be willing to make to defend your White American ethnic identity? How important is race to you compared to, say, libertarian ideals?
- If socialism is a disease that should “be eradicated”, what steps do you believe would be appropriate to eradicate the menace of “socialism”?