Who is going to create the White ethnostate?
This is one of the most important differences of opinion between mainstreamers and vanguardists in the White Nationalist community. This question keeps repeatedly popping up in the comments.
Here is my position:
(1) White Nationalists are less than 1 percent of the White population in the United States.
(2) White Nationalism is a rhetoric that exists almost exclusively in cyberspace.
(3) White Nationalism will never go anywhere without a mass constituency.
(4) Almost twenty years of experience has shown that using the internet to disseminate a radical rhetoric can only be used to peel off a handful of people at the margins. This is insufficient.
(5) The most important “intellectual task” for White Nationalists at the moment is to figure out how to connect our cause with a mass constituency. That is the challenge of this decade.
(6) In order to connect with a mass constituency, we are going to have to (a) use the internet more effectively and (b) get off the internet and start organizing our communities.
(7) White Nationalists won’t organize as White Nationalists in the real world because of the prevailing taboos and the fear of social ostracism and employment discrimination.
The fact that White Nationalism is too far outside the experience our audience is another important reason.
(8) In the real world, White Nationalists will have to organize under some other label. The choice is between organizing under another label or not organizing at all.
(9) They will have to break up their agenda into pieces like American communists in the wake of McCarthyism, dilute their rhetoric, and push White Nationalism into the mainstream on multiple fronts.
(10) Like “Comprehensive Communism,” “Comprehensive White Nationalism” will never go anywhere. It is too far outside of the experience of White Americans. That is the reality of our present situation.
(11) Roughly 50 percent of White Americans are conservatives. About 20 percent are liberals and 30 percent are moderates.
(12) If White Nationalism is to succeed, then we have to convert at least one or two or those groups of Whites to our way of thinking.
(13) Conservatives largely agree with us on immigration, affirmative action, racial double standards, gun rights, free speech, multiculturalism, and political correctness. We must start there.
(14) The polls clearly show and the agenda of the Obama administration reflects the hostility of progressives to White Nationalists on every single one of these issues.
Fantasies of “leftwing White Nationalism” aside, White Nationalism will inevitably be a rightwing movement, as the only people who agree with us on the major issues are rightwingers. We must accept this.
(15) Thus, White Nationalists will have to target conservatives and moderates. We have to narrow the gap between White Nationalists and White conservatives and moderates.
Essentially, we must turn them into White Nationalists, without neutering their effectiveness in the process.
(16) I pointed out above that White Nationalists won’t organize as White Nationalists in the real world. I observed that we can only organize in the real world under some other label. The sensible label to use is “moderate” or “conservative” to take advantage of the forces of blind partisanship.
(17) In order to lead people to White Nationalism, we must start where they are at today, gain their confidence and establish our legitimacy as leaders, not harangue them from the fringes of society. Organizing and leadership must take priority over rhetorical radicalism.
(18) The bridge to White Nationalism has to be built from the conservative and moderate end of the mainstream political spectrum. Watering down White Nationalism will marginally improve our public image, but it won’t attract the numbers we need to win.
(19) The 20 percent of Whites who are already explicitly racially conscious to some degree (i.e., oppose interracial relationships and immigration) are overwhelmingly conservatives. The presence of so many explicit Whites in the conservative movement is another reason to go the conservative route.
(20) In order to narrow the gap, White Nationalism must reject getting tied down to extraneous vanguardist pet causes like refighting the Second World War, attacking Christianity, measuring skulls, creating an “aristocracy” to lord over “lemmings,” and hostility to American patriotism which makes us the enemy of nationalist minded White Americans.
(21) Fifty years of experience has shown that White Americans react negatively to the use of violence. Look no further than the Emmett Till Civil Rights Act or the Matthew Shepard Civil Rights Act which Barack Obama used last year to expand federal crimes legislation.
(22) We can take “bullets” and “bombs” off the table as our means. The use of “bullets” and “bombs” accomplishes nothing for us but making progressives more look sympathetic and boosting Obama’s poll numbers and increasing his chances of reelection.
(23) Bullets will not work. Bombs will not work. We have decades of experience that shows posting radical anonymous comments on the internet does not work either.
(24) Ballots do work.
David Duke was nearly successful in his campaigns in Louisiana. Even in failure, Duke succeeded in forcing “social issues” like affirmative action and illegal immigration into the conservative mainstream.
More recently, J.D. Hayworth’s failure in the Arizona Republican Senate primary succeeded in changing John McCain’s vote on the DREAM Act.
(25) The system rejecters have no alternative to the system. The only thing that is accomplished by rejecting the system is digging ourselves into a deeper hole and further empowering our enemies.
(26) The fight against the DREAM Act is one example that the system itself is not designed to “kill us.” When Whites are properly organized and motivated, we know that we can defeat our enemies. They know it too which is why they try to keep us disorganized and misled.
(27) We have no choice but to work within the system.
(28) The Tea Party has already shown us the weakness of the GOP establishment. The Duke campaign in the early 1990s showed the weakness of the Republican establishment even back then. Even with the President of the United States campaigning against him, David Duke was nearly elected to high office in the Deep South.
(29) NumbersUSA and the Kris Kobach campaign in Kansas have shown that fighting on separate fronts instead of one comprehensive front can produce decisive victories for our side.
(3o) Arizona has shown us twice now, first with the Justice Department lawsuit against SB 1070, and most recently with the Gabrielle Giffords shooting, how to use polarization to undermine the legitimacy of the mainstream media and defang its rhetorical attacks.
(31) It is a common complaint that conservatives are cowards.
There is some truth to this charge. For many decades, conservatives were cowards, and that can be traced to progressive hegemony in the mainstream media.
The nature of the media in America has completely changed in the last twenty years and especially in the last five years. A politician like Sarah Palin can now run around the mainstream media and land a devastating blow upon it simply by using Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter accounts.
Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage can attack the media through talk radio.
(32) Conservatives became accustomed to giving lip service to the ideals of the mainstream media when progressives controlled almost the entire media.
Human behavior is habitual. It took fifty years for Southern conservatives to stop voting for the Democratic Party. Similarly, conservatives will slowly but surely abandon their habit of cowering before the New York Times now that they have the upper hand in media reach over left leaning mainstream journalists.
(33) Multiple examples have recently shown that the mainstream media has lost its legitimacy and the so-called “lemmings” are tuning it out. The taboo against “racism” is weakening.
Remember the false accusations that the Tea Party spit on the Congressional Black Caucus? Remember Leonard Zeskind’s Tea Party Nationalism report? Remember the One Nation rally in DC?
The only people who ate up that nonsense were progressives.
I can answer the “who” question.
White Nationalists should work within the system and build a bridge to explicit racial consciousness from the conservative and moderate end of the political spectrum. We can do this through incrementally moving the goal posts in much the same way the Left has done.
If we don’t convert White conservatives and moderates to our way of thinking, we don’t even have a shot at creating a White ethnostate in North America.
Thus, we must avoid antagonizing our target audience on irrelevant issues and instead present a constructive, sympathetic face to White America instead of a destructive, alienated one.
That’s my position.
Now, I would like to ask the vanguard: who is going to create a White ethnostate in North America, if not the 50 percent of White Americans who agree with us on immigration, and how do you plan to accomplish this by casting the White majority in almost every state in the Union into the role of our enemy?
I don’t think you can answer that question.