By Hunter Wallace
The following is an excerpt from Vox Day’s excellent new book SJWs Always Lie: Taking Down The Thought Police:
“They are the Social Justice Warriors, the SJWs, the self-appointed thought police who have been running amok throughout the West since the dawn of the politically correct era in the 1990s. Their defining characteristics:
– a philosophy of activism for activism’s sake
– a dedication to rooting out behavior they deem problematic, offensive, or unacceptable in others
– a custom of primarily identifying individuals by their sex, race, and sexual orientation
– a hierarchy of intrinsic morality based on the identity politics of sex, race, and sexual orientation
– a quasi-religious belief in equality, diversity, and the inevitability of progress
– an assumption of bad faith on the part of all non-social justice warriors
– an opinion that motivation matters more than consequences
– a certainty that they are the only true and valid defenders of the oppressed
– a habit of demanding that their opinions be enshrined as social customs and law
– a tendency to possess a left-wing political identity
– a willingness to deny science, history, logic, their past words, or any other aspect of reality that contradicts their current Narrative
As Vox Day points out in the book, the first law is that SJWs always lie.
See, for example, the reaction of the SPLC to Dylann Roof’s massacre in Charleston versus their silence on Muhammad Abulazeez’s jihadist massacre in Chattanooga a month later or Vester Flanagan’s “race war” near Roanoke. Ryan Lenz of the SPLC even shamelessly tried to portray the clearly insane Lafayette shooter Rusty Houser as a “rightwing extremist.” This is all done to further the Narrative.
SJWs don’t believe in “equality” or “tolerance.” They aren’t even really opposed to “bigotry” or “hate” or “violence.” As long as Whites, Christians, or Southerners are the targets of “bigotry” and “hate” and “violence,” SJWs will generally ignore it, rationalize it, or applaud it because the protected classes are above us in their moral hierarchy.