Here’s my account of the last 24 hours:
– After I got home last night, I turned on the television and saw that there had been a school shooting in Florida. I briefly wrote a post about it before leaving and taking my wife out for Valentine’s Day. I wondered if the media would try to disingenuously pin this on the Alt-Right after running with the SPLC narrative. These school shootings have been going on since I was 12.
– While waiting for service at the restaurant, I began to wonder what the ironybros do on Valentine’s Day. I scanned the news and saw a report that the Florida school shooter was angry over no gf. I sent out a tweet wondering if this had been another Elliot Rodger attack.
– After I got home, I spent the rest of the night writing my article about Sierra Leone for Black History Month 2018. I hit publish and went to sleep.
– My phone began ringing off the hook this morning. I answered a call and it was the Associated Press who called to ask me some questions about the ROF Militia.
– The Associated Press called back to tell me that Jordan Jereb had claimed that Nikolas Cruz, the Florida school shooter, was a ROFL member. I told him during our conversations that I had never heard of Cruz and was only familiar with one former ROFL member in that area.
– I wrote a response to the First Things article about the Alt-Right and Christianity.
– I finally began to digest the news on Gab about how this had been a prank that had started on TRS or 4chan where Jordan Jereb is a meme and that Jereb had confirmed the story on a phone call with the ADL. I’ve always thought of Jordan Jereb as a harmless autiste in Tallahassse who runs a LARP group.
– I began to wonder if this was all a troll in light of the ROFL’s actions in the past like the time they proclaimed Florida had seceded from the United States and issued their own currency.
– The Tallahassee Police was unable to confirm any connection between the ROFL and Cruz.
– Jordan Jereb walked back the story on Gab.
– Apparently, I missed the Alt-Right panic on Twitter over being linked to another non-White white supremacist mass shooter. The Merchant Right spent hours handwringing about ROFL being a Deep State op on Twitter.
– The report that Nikolas Cruz was a ROFL member appears to have fallen apart. Jordan Jereb and ROF Militia trended on Twitter and got a ton of free publicity over this operation.
– The Alt-Right and the mainstream media are now familiar with Jordan Jereb and the ROFL Militia. This is where the story stands as of 7:15 PM CST.