I haven’t had the time to sit down and respond to this.
I’ve been busy working on my speech and with the League of the South conference this weekend. Joe Biden announced his vaccine mandate the night before the conference when I was focused on summing my thoughts on American imperialism and the 20th anniversary of 9/11.
Here are my thoughts on this:
- The vaccine mandate is driven by politics and specifically by Joe’s declining poll numbers on COVID with Independents. COVID was the issue that got Joe Biden elected president. For months, the Biden administration led the public to believe that “hot vax summer” was coming and pitched July the 4th as “Independence Day” from COVID and the public is angry and frustrated over how there seems to be no end to the pandemic because of the Delta variant.
- The polls show that the people who have been vaccinated blame the unvaccinated for prolonging the pandemic. Joe Biden is responding to the mounting political pressure from his own side to take it out on the unvaccinated and impose mandates.
- As with the CDC’s new eviction moratorium, this will be immediately challenged in court. Joe Biden himself has said that he doesn’t have the power to do it, but that he went ahead and did it anyway. My guess is that the mandate will be swiftly challenged and go down in court.
- Major corporations and lots of small businesses have been given the green light and will go ahead with their own mandates anyway.
- COVID has become an endemic virus in the United States and will probably never go away. It will still be circulating a century from now like H1N1. HIV is an endemic virus that has killed millions.
- The vaccine mandate is a culture war issue for both sides. Both the Democrats and Republicans would prefer to fight a fake battle over vaccine mandates or wearing masks than issues they would prefer to ignore. As long as people are focused on vaccines, they are not focused on other things which are going on like millions of illegal aliens crossing the border.
- The politicians love these issues which generate enormous heat and division. They love to posture on these issues and fundraise off them and DO NOTHING about them. It is like when Trump sends you texts about how you need to join the Diamond Club and DONATE NOW to stop Antifa.
- Ordinary people are deeply invested in the issue. The issue is ultimately about people who don’t feel like they have any control over events or representation in politics insisting on their right to control their own health and their own bodies. It is a real line in the sand for them. The other side of the debate insists that they know better and on their right to exert power over those people in the name of public health and science. COVID isn’t the real issue. It is a flashpoint in a larger divide.
- COVID is an endemic virus which is never going away. The fight over the vaccine mandate is as pointless as fighting over annual flu shots. In my view, it will just stir up more bitterness and polarization which is pointless because the virus is never going to be eradicated. It is really a futile gesture. Even if everyone complied with the vaccine mandate, COVID is not going away.
- At some point, the public will just lose interest in the issue and come to grips with reality which is living with COVID. We live with the HIV pandemic which never went away. We just lost interest.
Politicians are using the vaccine mandate to stoke and capitalize on division. They are continuing to rip apart the social fabric. If your hope is that ZOG or the American Empire will fall apart due to its own internal loss of cohesion, you can’t help but be pleased with this.
Note: Lately, I have been in the strange position of criticizing the politicians and the government for their authoritarianism, militarism and imperialism. I don’t support vaccine mandates because I don’t relish bullying people into doing something that they don’t want to do. I don’t like wielding power over people like that at home or abroad. I also don’t spy on people. I don’t want to lord it over foreigners. The people who actually have these impulses and goals are projecting their values on me.