The idea that we occupied Afghanistan for 20 years over 9/11 is absurd.
- We had been meddling there for 20 years before 9/11
- The Taliban and mujahideen which became Al-Qaeda had been the good guys when they were on the side of the CIA against the Soviet Union
- Osama bin Laden was mysteriously allowed to escape Afghanistan in 2001
- We stayed in Afghanistan for a decade after Osama bin Laden was killed in Pakistan
- The Taliban offered to surrender in 2001 and hand over Osama bin Laden without a U.S. invasion
- The U.S. and NATO later supported Al-Qaeda in Libya and Syria
The “War on Terror” was a smokescreen and pretext that was used to justify a preexisting agenda. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.