I already know that some of you are rolling your eyes and getting triggered by Tucker using the phrase “the fascist left” and rightly so. It is a clumsy way of framing the problem.
We shouldn’t miss the forest for the trees though. Even if “fascism” isn’t the right word to describe what is happening, we all see the trend here. In the last few years, PMCs have mounted their high horse and have become increasingly brazen in their authoritarianism. These people attack us with phrases like “fascism” and “authoritarianism.” And yet, these very same people have a mindset that is utterly alien to our own. They do all kind things that we would never do. They call you an “authoritarian” as they strike you.
In the last five years, I have done the following as a “fascist” and “authoritarian.”
- I voted for Trump in the 2016 election
- I have mocked and criticized the political establishment on the internet
- I have exercised my First Amendment rights at public demonstrations.
Such is the extent of my “fascism” and “authoritarianism” the entirety of which consists of nothing more than sharing my own opinions in public and on my website.
Consider what the Left has done though over the past five years:
- Censor all opposition on the internet
- Deplatform multiple people from their bank accounts and ban them from using payment processors over their politics
- SLAPP civil lawsuits have been used to silence and intimidate dissidents
- Organized violent Antifa and BLM riots which were the most destructive riots in half a century
- “Journalists” have organized mass doxxing campaigns to get people fired from their jobs over their politics
- Amazon has engaged in digital book burning and now publishers are censoring books for political reasons
- Weaponize the “intelligence community” against Trump and his supporters
- The Pentagon has begun to purge people from the military over their ideological views
- The Department of Social Justice is launching investigations to demonize and intimidate local police
- Unleashed the IRS on political dissidents
- The government is working with Big Tech to SPY on you
- The government has asked people to snitch on their own family members and report them to the FBI for “domestic extremism”
- Universities have kicked out students over their politics
- The FBI is being unleashed to crackdown on parents who criticize CRT at school board meetings which is being construed as domestic terrorism
- Hospitals are denying organ transplants to anti-vaxxers
- Vaccine mandates are being used as an excuse to purge the military and drive people into unemployment
- Lockdowns were used to crush small business
- Progressive DAs now refuse to enforce the law equally and allow their own side to break the law with impunity
- Generals like Mark Milley have gone on record relishing their subversion of the president and his orders
These are just a few of the Orwellian things that are being done in the name of “anti-fascism” and “antiracism” and to fight “authoritarianism.” It is also snowballing. It seems like every problem these days justifies an increasingly extreme response and brazen flexing of power.