“I want to abort this interview”@mattmiller757 and @lukegentile_ asked pro-abortion protesters at #SCOTUS “what is a woman?” Many seemed to have a difficult time answering the question. pic.twitter.com/dwMJvAfkcZ— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 4, 2022
This is a rant.
I feel compelled this morning to unpack all the different layers of what is wrong with abortion as a practice and why a society that tolerates it is inevitably culturally degenerate.
1. Abortion is murder – This is the common objection. Human life begins at conception. Butchering a fetus is murder. It is not just murder, but a mother voluntarily killing her own child and disposing of her own offspring for what is usually lifestyle reasons. This makes it even more awful. Christians would argue that the fetus has a soul, but you don’t even have to subscribe to Christianity to recognize that the practice of a human mother killing her own child is deeply unnatural and perverse and wonder about what the long term consequences of such a grotesque act would have on the social order.
2. Abortion strikes at organic bonds – As I have repeatedly pointed out, there is no deeper human bond than the organic bond between a mother and her child. It dwarfs the bond between kin groups. It dwarfs even further the far more distant organic bond of race. A culture which would sever the deepest of all human bonds for lifestyle reasons is sick. It is hopelessly, irredeemably individualistic. Thus, you can expect every other weaker biological bond than that one – such as the bonds of kinship on which nationalism rests – to be fatally undermined and eroded by the logic that sustains abortion.
3. Abortion is liberalism run wild – There isn’t any mystery about why abortion was legalized in the United States. It was due to postwar liberalism animated by modernism, which romanticizes self-expression, pushing extreme individualism to a whole new level and cutting deeper and deeper wounds in the social fabric. Legal abortion only became possible because attitudes changed toward the Self. The Self had to be put up on a pedestal for abortion and a host of other evils to become politically feasible. Selfishness and self-definition through self expression was romanticized which necessarily devalues unchosen, natural, ascriptive, hereditary bonds and forms of identity whether it is the weaker ones like race and ethnic kinship or even the strongest of all biological bonds like the mother-child bond.
4. Abortion demolishes traditionalism – As a nationalist and a racialist, I want to live in a society that is built on natural, organic bonds, not liberal abstractions and still less on the pursuit of modernist aesthetic lifestyles, hedonism and novelty seeking. The mother-child bond is the strongest of these bonds. The family bond is another important key bond in the social fabric. Love of your ethnic group and your race is an extension of how you value your family and what you believe about the Self. A healthy person is someone who defines their identity in terms of their relationships and obligations to others. They have an identity that connects them to the past, present and future of their kind. Liberals are sick people who build their sense of identity, not on what binds them to others, but on self definition and self expression. They build their identity on what they don’t owe to others and what they don’t have in common. They are the clothes they wear, the car they drive, the brands that they consume, the tattoos and piercings which cover their flesh, etc. An unwanted child is an obligation that could be a burden in their pursuit of unbridled narcissism, self-expression, material accumulation and the pursuit of educational credentials. They believe that they have the choice and constitutional right to dispose of that responsibility because ultimately no one really owes anything to their own blood, but everything to themselves.
5. Abortion demolishes blood ties – Think about it. There are a lot of liberal assumptions that are implicit in the practice of abortion. It is not murder (the fetus isn’t really alive), but a personal choice. It is not a sin that is deeply offensive to God. Life isn’t sacred up to and including your own offspring. Blood ties are meaningless and have no claim when weighed against the right of individual self-expression. Forget about the father because patriarchy can’t get between a woman and her physician.
6. Abortion emancipates women’s sexuality – As a practice, abortion severs a woman from her own offspring. It severs the woman from the father. It severs the woman from her kin and society. Obviously, it severs a woman from God too, but that usually doesn’t even enter her mind. It really breaks every sort of organic bond. It is her “choice” alone. It is her sovereign body. You could say that a liberal society is one that is defined by anonymity and the weakness of virtually all sorts of natural, organic bonds. It is built on the assumption that human societies are formed by sovereign individuals, not the assumption that humans are social beings who are born into societies or that humans are relational beings.
7. Abortion is deeply nihilistic and disposes of future generations – As a practice, abortion rests on the assumption that future generations are disposable. A culture which endorses such a practice will inevitably devalue future generations in everything it does. We don’t owe anything to future generations because everything is owed to the Self. Such an attitude and sick value system which is geared toward the present will inevitably have consequences that go far beyond abortion.
8. Abortion makes it impossible to conserve anything – Ultimately, what abortion represents is that the future of any society which practices it should be given over to whims and fads and choice. It eliminates limits and boundaries. It should be allowed to drift toward whatever end comes along whether it is miscegenation or homosexuality or childlessness because at the end of the day any end which is freely chosen is just as good as any other. The social consequences don’t matter because of the elevation of the Self under liberalism animated by modernism. Female self-definition and self-expression IS ALL that matters. Abortion is a backstop and subsidy that encourages irresponsible, antisocial behavior. Pretty much all cultures which endure over time whether it is Christianity or Islam regulate sexuality.
9. Abortion has massive political consequences – The biggest supporters of abortion are that whole class of White and Jewish college-educated, professional class career women and feminists who live in the big metros even though they rarely get abortions themselves. The “pro-choice movement” are the DINKs and dog moms and wine moms who value materialism and their careers before their families who are Hillary Clinton’s political base and whose negative impact on our society goes far beyond the abortion issue. We hear a lot about racial differences in abortion rates, but much less about the political impact of all these harpies who are far more likely to vote than poor, working class blacks.
10. Shamelessness – There is also the matter of shamelessness. We don’t think about shame and dishonor in the way our ancestors used to. We have been removed some distance from our own customs, but abortion used to be considered a shameful, immoral, antisocial act. The same was true of miscegenation, homosexuality, drunkenness and all kinds of other vices and perversions which are celebrated today in the wake of the Left-Modernist culture shift. In our sick, degenerate modernist culture, identifying as a post-op “trans” woman is a kind of badge of honor in the Olympics of bourgeois self-expression.
I hate pretty much everything about late 20th century America.
I’m not under any illusions that these negative social trends are separate issues. A culture which tolerates legal abortion is sick and degenerate and overvalues the Self and thus will also tolerate pretty much anything whether it is interracial marriage, miscegenation, homosexuality, gay marriage, polygamy, etc. Such a cursed, degenerate culture will also tolerate things like “trans” and children mutilating their genitals. The right to pursue all 60,000 gender identities completely divorced from biology and tradition and social ends is also a “choice” and the rotten fruit of the same tree of modernism and postmodernism. Indeed, we already see the “pro-choice movement” following the liberal and modernist logic of abortion to its inevitable conclusion: anyone who freely chooses to self-identify as a woman or express themselves as a woman IS a woman and you are a bigot for not going along with their delusion. Such is how the abolition of one limit naturally and inexorably leads to the erosion of ALL limits.
Now you know why the “pro-choice movement” appears to be composed of self-absorbed liberal degenerates who are increasingly detached from reality who care nothing for their race, nation, family or God. A highly inflated sense of Self occupies that space in their hearts and through them their collective influence in our culture.
Note: I didn’t choose to a White male. I didn’t choose to be a Southerner. I didn’t choose to speak English. I didn’t choose my family. Unlike liberals, I base my identity on natural, unchosen obligations and affiliations.