I wrote this op-ed about white supremacist and neo Nazi groups gleeful reaction to October 7 and their efforts to exploit the divisions that have ensued. Everyone should be aware. https://t.co/G2KyGtcKX7— Karen Dunn (@karenleahdunn) November 9, 2023
Hillary Clinton on the Israelis and the Palestinians today on The View.— Yashar Ali ? (@yashar) November 9, 2023
Covers everything from Hamas to humanitarian pauses to Yasser Arafat to Anwar Sadat. pic.twitter.com/1aYd2RFBUe
Karen Dunn of Charlottesville fame has some thoughts on our response to the genocide in Gaza. It should come as a surprise to no one that she has appointed herself to explain our reaction.
Why are white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups popping up at pro-Palestinian rallies across America, including most recently in Washington, D.C.; Orlando, Florida; Boston; and Missoula, Montana? I’ll give you a hint: It’s not because they care particularly about the situation in Gaza. No, for these groups, the large-scale protests across America present a golden opportunity to mainstream the same antisemitic tropes they have been pushing for years and, if they get their way, create new opportunities for extremist violence.
As one of the lawyers who sued the white supremacists responsible for the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017, I checked in on those defendants to see what they have said about recent events. Jason Kessler, the lead organizer, wrote that Palestinians have a right to declare that “Jews will not replace us.” Richard Spencer, a longtime leader of the alt-right (an expression he coined), posted that lighting the Roman Arch of Titus in blue and white in solidarity with Israel was “a reversal and subversion of Titus’ achievement” (the arch commemorated the Roman Empire’s defeat of a Jewish rebellion in A.D. 81). Nathan Damigo, founder of the white supremacist organization Identity Europa, posted on Oct. 7: “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!” The next day, white supremacist Matthew Parrott, a co-founder of the Traditionalist Worker Party, praised Hamas’ attack, stating that “every military act by the Palestinian forces is an act of freedom fighters” and comparing the massacre of families to “breaking out of a concentration camp to attack your guards.”
And the National Justice Party, founded by white supremacists involved in Charlottesville, responded to the Oct. 7 attacks by marching in front of the White House with signs that said “No White Lives for Israel” and “Zionism=Terrorism,” expressly calling for the “destruction of Israel.” NJP’s website now encourages people to “begin to imagine a world where Israel no longer exists” in an article titled “Four Ways The Destruction of Israel Can Benefit The West.” …
In Charlottesville, we attended the Unite the Right rally in 2017 to 1.) exercise our First Amendment rights to 2.) support and defend Confederate war memorials. Most people in Virginia agreed with our position and opposed the removal of the Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson monuments. For years, the League of the South had held similar events in the South in support of other threatened Confederate monuments in Birmingham, Gainesville, FL, New Orleans, Memphis and other cities.
In contrast, the agenda of our opposition – the agenda of people like Roberta Kaplan and Karen Dunn – was to tear down and destroy our monuments and to suppress our constitutional rights by spinning a yarn of wild conspiracy theories and novel legal theories. We went to Charlottesville to honor the memory of our ancestors while these vultures were motivated by pure hatred and malice. These Talmudic sophists have no other connection to the War Between the States or Confederate monuments.
Why are we on the side of the Palestinians?
1. First, White Nationalists like Dr. David Duke have always defended the Palestinians. Duke has traveled all over the Middle East. He identifies as a human rights activist. When I last saw Duke a few years ago, he was giving a speech about human rights at the League of the South conference. He talks about human rights all the time in public and private. Duke even calls his show Human Rights Radio.
2. Second, White Nationalists like David Duke have been talking about these “anti-Semitic tropes” – foundational concepts like Z.O.G. or Zionist Occupation Government and Jewish supremacy – for over thirty years now. White Nationalists have always complained about Jewish control of the American media and the Zionist capture of American foreign policy. Americans have been complaining about wealthy Jews maneuvering the United States into devastating foreign wars since the days of Henry Ford.
3. Third, White Nationalists are typically isolationists who love peace, hate war and have no desire to harm anyone overseas, which is an American tradition that dates back to when Henry Ford was redpilled about the International Jews who orchestrate and profit off destructive wars on the Peace Ship in World War I. America First nationalists like Charles Lindbergh wanted to stay out of World War II. For over a century now, White Nationalists and their precursors have been opposed to interventionism.
4. Fourth, White Nationalists tend to recognize that no one has been more oppressed and victimized by Z.O.G. than the Palestinians. The Palestinian cause is not our cause, but we tend to sympathize with their plight. The Jewish occupation of Palestine is a Great Replacement.
5. Finally, the Palestinian cause is easy to understand. It is about a people who are resisting being dispossessed from their homeland. Nationalists understand why Hamas exists and why they fight. The issue is a lot easier to understand than the actions of groups like ISIS.
If Israel wants to torch its international image and become a pariah state forever defined by its genocide in Gaza, it only has its own leadership to blame. There is nothing that any of us could say about Israel that could be possibly be more damaging than just one of these clips coming of Gaza.
Génocidaires are Standing With Israel.
Karen Dunn can continue to call us all of her little names, but that one doesn’t stick.