“Today’s Democratic Party is increasingly perceived as dominated by its “woke” left wing. But the views of Democrats on social media often bear little resemblance to those of the wider Democratic electorate.
The outspoken group of Democratic-leaning voters on social media is outnumbered, roughly 2 to 1, by the more moderate, more diverse and less educated group of Democrats who typically don’t post political content online, according to data from the Hidden Tribes Project. This latter group has the numbers to decide the Democratic presidential nomination in favor of a relatively moderate establishment favorite, as it has often done in the past. …
In reality, the Democratic electorate is both ideologically and demographically diverse. Over all, around half of Democratic-leaning voters consider themselves “moderate” or “conservative,” not liberal. Around 40 percent are not white.
Roughly a quarter of Democrats count as ideologically consistent progressives, who toe the party line or something further to the left on just about every issue. Only a portion of them, perhaps 1 in 10 Democrats over all, might identify as Democratic socialists, based on recent polls. …”
Consider the numbers:
– Only 25% of Democrats are ideological progressives.
– Only 10% of Democrats are Democratic Socialists aka Bern Outs.
– The truly woke SJW crowd is a tiny fraction of the Democratic electorate, but most of the candidates are pandering to the cultural sensibilities of this Jewish and White activist minority.
– 50% of Democratic voters are ideologically “conservative” or “moderate.” By itself, this group easily has the numbers to decide who wins the nomination.
– 70% OF DEMOCRATS NOT ON SOCIAL MEDIA SAY POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS A PROBLEM IN THE U.S. EMPHASIS ADDED. THAT’S THE KEY.
If disaffected White populists who are tired of Blompf and Conservatism, Inc. shift over to the Democrats and push Yang as a moderate centrist candidate, he could have a clear path to the nomination. In the general election, he would be very competitive with Trump for the White populist vote. None of the other Democratic candidates are flipping thousands of Trump voters.
In the real world, it would be a piece of cake to do some door knocking for Yang this summer with a “$1,000 a month” sales pitch. How will normies respond to that?
Note: Unlike the Trump Train which has since broken down, the Yang Train is a futuristic Chinese high speed bullet train. It will zip across the rural South and Midwest!