Thesis: This was the week that vaccinated America started to get really fed up. pic.twitter.com/4VZfkuvVMF— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) July 25, 2021
Despite a 75% vaccination rate, Iceland’s top epidemiologist agrees that restrictions may be required for the next “five, ten or fifteen years.”https://t.co/ZYixOfPq0O— Michael P Senger (@MichaelPSenger) July 27, 2021
Asking vaxxed Americans to mask up when COVID is not a threat to them is asking them to have more regard for the health of the unvaxxed than they have for themselves. Masks only made sense when protection was not available for the vulnerable. If people don’t want it, its on them— Saagar Enjeti (@esaagar) July 29, 2021
DC has literally had TWO coronavirus deaths in the last 2 weeks. Expect nothing less than the hall monitor capital of the world https://t.co/AqyJX9Geic— Saagar Enjeti (@esaagar) July 29, 2021
Congress should increase the income tax rate on taxpayers who are unvaccinated, and who have no legitimate religious or medical reason to be unvaccinated, to 99 percent.— Ian Millhiser (@imillhiser) July 29, 2021
This could be done through reconciliation.
Saagar Enjeti does a good job of spelling this out:
- COVID kills fat people, sick people and elderly people and ISN’T much of a threat to the rest of the population
- The people who are most vulnerable to getting COVID and dying which is elderly people in their 70s, 80s and 90s have largely been vaccinated now
- Vaccines are free and widely available now
- Vaccines still work against the Delta variant
- COVID deaths are a rapidly diminishing problem
- It doesn’t really matter if young and healthy people choose not to get vaccinated because the virus isn’t much of a threat to them
- Every adult has the right to make their own health decisions. There is no justification for infringing on their civil rights and liberties
- The people who choose not to get vaccinated are responsible for their own health. No one else is responsible for their health
- There is no justification for bossing around people who have been vaccinated and forcing them to wear masks
- Insofar as COVID was a crisis, those days are long over because elderly people can easily get vaccinated. Nothing has changed
- This is being done for political reasons because Democrats have nothing else to run on in the 2022 midterms except “the January 6th insurrection” which has replaced Russiagate and only shitlibs care about
- The Democrats are trying to stir up a panic about the Delta variant in order to scare the public because it worked in the 2020 election and due to their lack of other options
- The CDC lost all credibility after the George Floyd riots and declaring that “racism” is a public health issue
- Finally, the progressive busybodies who cynically used COVID to exercise raw power over everyone else clearly need to be knocked down a peg or two as can be seen in their forays into internet censorship and trying to demonize meat eating.
Oh … one last thing.
I think Brian Stelter and Don Lemon’s naked authoritarianism is going way too far.