District of Corruption
The Root.com is worried that White people won’t visit the new Smithsonian Museum of African American History and Culture which is scheduled to open on the National Mall in 2015.
This is a pretty dumb question.
(1) White people don’t visit the Anacostia Community Museum.
(2) White people don’t attend HBCUs.
(3) White people don’t watch BET or Starz Black or the most popular television shows that black people watch.
(4) White people have never heard of NewsOne or TheRoot.com.
(5) White people don’t read “ghetto lit” novels or any of the other books in the “African-American Interest” section of chain bookstores.
(6) White people have no interest in African-American theology and never join African-American churches.
(7) White people consciously avoid black neighborhoods and black areas of major cities.
(8) White people don’t use public transportation services or public schools which are patronized by black people.
(9) White people won’t patronize bars or bowling alleys or other public accommodations that have been taken over by black people.
(10) White people have no interest in black history and would never be exposed to the subject were it not for Black History Month.
(11) White people won’t vote for black politicians unless they are trying to prove they are not racist.
(12) White people wouldn’t hire black people, welcome black people into their establishments, or even put up with all the shit that black people cause in America were it not for state and federal anti-discrimination laws.
(13) White people never name their children after African-Americans or give them African-American names.
Black is a mystery to the vast majority of White people. After half a century of forced integration, this has only been slightly mitigated by forcing White people to interact with African-Americans in non-voluntary public situations.
In Black Run America, there are only a handful of things that African-Americans are responsible for that have some limited crossover appeal to the White community.
In no particular order, these things are the Oprah Winfrey Show, the COPS television show, darky stories, racist humor, black comedians who specialize in minstrel shows, black actors who play The Magic Negro, famous black athletes, a handful of rap artists, and selling drugs.
The most common type of interracial encounter in America is certainly the illicit interactions that White people have with unlicensed African-American pharmacists engaged in retail sales on street corners and in other seedy areas.
I don’t see what TheRoot.com is so worried about.
Even though White people won’t visit the National African-American History Museum, they will still have to pay for it just like every other black institution in America which would collapse if it wasn’t subsidized by White taxpayers.
Link: Reddit Discussion