Behold, the new progressive era:
- No action on student loan debt relief
- No structural change like a significant minimum wage increase
- Eligibility cuts to $1,400 checks
- No public option in health care
- No regulation of Wall Street
- No regulation of Big Business
- No regulation of Big Tech
- No PRO Act
- The same old free trade policies
- Raising the corporate tax rate back to 28% and even complaining that is too much of a neoliberal two step
- Raising taxes only on +$400,000 households to appease wealthy suburbanites who voted for Joe Biden
- Preserving the carried interest loophole
- No wealth tax
- Increased gas prices and food inflation
- No raising the capital gains tax
- Perhaps getting rid of the SALT deduction cap
- Rigging the tax code to provide huge loopholes to corporations like Amazon that stand to benefit from green energy tax credits
Joe Biden has signed one bill.
This puts him in the same league as FDR’s first 100 days.
The only thing that Joe Biden and Democrats have demonstrated any willingness to do is spend money which isn’t a change at all. It is not like they want to seriously tax Wall Street or Big Business or the top 10% of wealthy professionals who all vote for Democrats to pay for any of it.
The new progressive era where there has been real change has been “trans women” in women’s sports and in the military, censoring the entire internet, imposing a political litmus test on the military, defunding the police and unleashing a massive crime wave and the worst migration crisis in decades.
Note: I nearly died laughing while reading this shit.