Watch Newsmax host cut the feed and scream at a veteran guest for offering a mild critique of Trump pic.twitter.com/xozk1f5kzH— Jason Campbell (@JasonSCampbell) September 16, 2021
He’s working to evacuate Americans and Afghan allies from Afghanistan. https://t.co/7Um8YStTeN— Jason Campbell (@JasonSCampbell) September 16, 2021
In a nutshell, this lunatic is why I have moved from “on the fence” to “no interest” in the 2022 midterms over the past month:
1. MAGA is a vacuous personality cult.
2. Trump changes his positions on major issues to “own the libs.”
3. You can’t ever take what he says for granted and expect him to do what he says. He ran against the “endless wars.” He didn’t end any wars.
4. Trump himself has said that his “conditions based withdrawal” meant permanently keeping troops at Bagram Air Force base. He had no intention whatsoever of following through on the withdrawal.
5. Ultimately, Trump always deferred to the worthless generals and the Republican senators. We got Lindsey Graham’s foreign policy.
6. The Republican congressional leadership is worse than Trump on these issues.
Note: In 2016, my top five issues were immigration, trade, foreign policy, political correctness and campaign finance. The fact that Trump appeared to be repudiating George W. Bush’s foreign policy was one of the major reasons that I voted for him. The Syria strike was also the moment that I permanently broke with Trump. It was a major turning point for the Alt-Right in general.