every 5 year old named Khaleesi is about to get a little brother named Zelenskyy— guy online (@fellawhomstdve) March 17, 2022
“It’s one thing for sarin gas to be used on people in far away Syria who are Muslim and of a different culture. What is Europe going to do when it is on European soil, done to Europeans?”— Alan MacLeod (@AlanRMacLeod) March 17, 2022
Unbelievable from Julia Ioffe on CNN. pic.twitter.com/usgumf3oD5
Ukraine has lost ~3.2M+ refugees, this is up to 10% of prewar population. This is more than Nazi Germany lost in 6 years of war, Ukraine's population within current borders was ~35M in 1913/14, now close to 30M. I'm not happy about this, but Zelensky talking about own country. https://t.co/ijdtJykic6— Anatoly Karlin (?,?) (@akarlin0) March 19, 2022
2) According to this map, the city of Chernihiv is now completely surrounded. Polohy is again marked as Russian controlled. Status of Izium is unclear, Pentagon said it was Russian controlled but Ukrainians deny this. Either way you can see how the Russians view its importance. pic.twitter.com/ktZetX1ikE— Bill Roggio (@billroggio) March 19, 2022
Day 23: Surprisingly, biggest news is from Kiev, where the Ukrainian counter offensive failed to high losses. Russia has cut almost all roads out of the city and continues to surround it. https://t.co/pZ9bQyWObz pic.twitter.com/Vbz7MPJdIy— Stalin (@Stalin_Frog) March 19, 2022
Most Ukrainian forces, aside from Kharkov, are now pocketed in the north. pic.twitter.com/iGwwk0meDu— Stalin (@Stalin_Frog) March 19, 2022
In the southwest, Ukrainian forces advance in the face of Russian withdrawal in the area. Seems no heavy fighting there. Ukrainians suffered very heavy losses in the Nikolaev barracks bombing. Russian reserves from Kherson are being deployed north. pic.twitter.com/x8z8OFm9SI— Stalin (@Stalin_Frog) March 19, 2022
In Donbass, Russia has cut the road south of Izyum and north of Slavansk, meaning the entire northern portion of the Ukrainian army in Donbass is now trapped. Ukrainian counter offensives failed to recapture this road.— Stalin (@Stalin_Frog) March 19, 2022
In Maruipol, heavy ongoing fighting, but still impressive progress from the Russians. The city is likely to be bisected by DPR/Russian forces soon. pic.twitter.com/3k2KjPZ6Tg— Stalin (@Stalin_Frog) March 19, 2022
Overall, huge up tick in actual firefight footage. The fight in these cities is finally taking it away from an armor and artillery battle to infantry fighting.— Stalin (@Stalin_Frog) March 19, 2022
The military situation is getting dire in Ukraine:
- Kyiv/Kiev is rapidly being encircled now
- Mariupol is on the verge of falling which will free up Russian forces in the south
- Ukrainian forces in the north have been encircled
- The main Ukrainian army in the east has been encircled
- A large Russian amphibious force is off the coast of Odessa
- Zelensky is calling for peace talks this morning
- Ukrainians are launching an offensive near Mykolaiv in the west
- Russia is sending in its best units from Moscow for the siege of Kiev
This is my current understanding of the conflict.
The vast majority of the fighting has been going on in the north and east and the Ukrainian forces there are now cut off and encircled. It is pretty much over unless NATO comes to the rescue.
Note: Ukraine needs the White Helmets to stage a false flag gas attack. This is their only chance. Twitter is going to be disappointed when real life doesn’t turn out like Game of Thrones.