1. Over the past few days, we have driven across the country from Montgomery to Little Rock to Amarillo to Salida, CO in the Rocky Mountains and then today across Colorado and down into northern Arizona. We’ve been through Alabama, Mississippi. Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, Utah and Arizona.
2. We really enjoyed meeting up with an OD reader in Oklahoma.
3. I’ve been out of smartphone range for the vast majority of our trip.
4. We were really impressed with rural Colorado where we spent the last few days. Even the Pride festival in downtown Salida couldn’t spoil the scenery. More on that later.
5. We’re finally getting settled in for the night here in Arizona. It felt like driving across Mars. There is nothing like it in Dixie.