I LOL’d reading this in my hotel room:
“And just like that, their primary argument in support of the Russian invasion of Ukraine is proved false, and their true motives are laid bare for everyone to see. As my experience arguing with these so-called nationalists online has shown me, when you point this out they will simply move on to another point. You will never convince people like that to change their position. As you can tell from their arguments, they are too invested in the superficial aspects of this conflict and do not examine the issue critically. They just want to oppose the current thing and think that the best thing for the white race is to take the opposite stance from CNN. …”
Yeah, it has nothing to do with …
1. Gas prices which have nearly doubled since this war started which people who live in the real world care about. Especially those of us who live in rural America.
2. Inflation which is also at a record high which people who live in the real world also care about. More than anything else at the moment too. Far more than Ukraine. It is not even close. If you are not a defense contractor or a “journalist,” this is war is making you poorer by the day.
3. The fact that Americans who live on the other side of the planet have zero interest at stake in the status of Donbas. Whether it stays in Ukraine or goes to Russia doesn’t really matter. We have lived with a Russia that included all of Ukraine, Finland, Central Asia, the Baltic states and even half of Germany. We had better relations with Russia when the Russians owned Alaska. The only legitimate national interest we have in the region is avoiding war with Russia.
4. The fact that we have spent over $60 billion dollars financing this dumb war which could have been better spent on countless other things like our infrastructure or our own border. That’s also just the start. There is no telling how long this war is going to drag on and how big of a distraction it is going to become from long neglected domestic priorities.
5. The fact that we are not Eastern Europeans. We don’t have the same interests as Ukrainians or Finns or Estonians. Those countries share a border and a troubled history with Russia. We have no business involving ourselves in ancient blood feuds in Eastern Europe which we don’t understand, don’t care about and which ought to be of no concern to anyone in the Western hemisphere.
6. Years of experience with devastating, endless wars like Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria that end up costing us a fortune, enriching corrupt interest groups and politicians like the Biden family and sowing the seeds of further chaos down the road.
7. Did I mention that Ukraine has a Jewish government?
8. The war in Ukraine is a war for liberalism and globalism. It has nothing to do with the White race. The “journalists” who are the biggest cheerleaders for this war don’t see it that way. Half of the countries in NATO are despotisms of one variety or another like Germany.
I will just say it.
I’m sick and tired of hearing about Ukraine.
I’m sick of seeing all the upper middle class White liberals with that stupid Ukrainian flag in their yards.
I’m sick of the politicians who are “standing with Ukraine” who can’t be bothered to do shit for their own constituents who are dying in their own country.
There has always been imperial wars in that part of the world which were of virtually no interest to anyone who lives here before the era of liberal hegemony.