Presbyterian and author of The Case for Christian Nationalism. If you were wondering if this is what Christian Nationalism is all about, wonder no longer. pic.twitter.com/vq2OPOour6— Bradly Mason (@AlsoACarpenter) October 17, 2022
Here is what is really happening:
- “Journalists” and academics have become so secular, progressive and radicalized that the gap between them and ordinary White people in the Heartland has dramatically widened in recent years. In particular, sociologists have begun to pathologize Christianity.
- Twitter has become a toxic leftwing echo chamber and all of these “journalists” and academics are on Twitter tweeting about “Christian nationalism.”
- PMCs have become far more brazen and aggressive in the culture war and the “trans” issue and particularly with how it intersects with children has ignited a major backlash.
- As we have noted, the True Cons and their brand of conservative liberalism which has dominated the GOP since World War II have rapidly faded under Joe Biden.
- Over 80% of Trump voters are Christians. Something like 90% of Trump voters see Christianity as essential to American greatness and believe Christianity is under attack. The Right is so overwhelmingly Christian that Christianity is a unifying political force. Over half of Democrat voters are Christians and attacks on Christianity split the Democrats.
More than anything, this is what has changed over the past decade: White evangelicals became much more interested in winning under Donald Trump. Winning is now seen as virtuous.
Fewer Christians are chumps now.
They haven’t changed their religious beliefs so much as their tactics. Someone is inevitably going to rule and have their values reflected in the government. Evangelicals think “it should be us.” Either we will rule, or, we will have PRIDE Month, fag marriage and “trans youth.”
More people understand now that secular progressives will use the government to aggressively impose their own values on society while hypocritically condemning Christians for wanting to see their values reflected in law. Christians are much more likely to take their own side in a fight these days.
Herschel Walker is a great example of this. In the past, secular progressives could have succeeded in duping Christian conservatives into a self destructive purity spiral. They could have used their own values against them. Evangelicals would rather win elections and wield power against the libs these days than feel good about themselves. They have become more practical since the demise of the True Cons.
Note: Strangely enough, it is White Nationalists who would rather engage in purity spiraling and feel good about themselves and lose in politics these days. See, for example, the collapse of the Apollo cult this past week. The “beautiful losers” are now people like Mark Brahmin.