Breaking: @GOPLeader McCarthy lost the fifth ballot for Speaker of the House.— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) January 4, 2023
McCarthy goes down a fifth time.
Hearing McCarthy team willing to agree to both the provisions Tucker laid out:— Jack Posobiec ?? (@JackPosobiec) January 4, 2023
1. Release all files related to January 6 + new Jan 6 Cmte run by GOP
2. Put Thomas Massie in charge of a new Church committee
Maybe they’ll let McCarthy be Speaker of the House in Ukraine— Catturd ™ (@catturd2) January 4, 2023
UPDATE: McCarthy goes down on fourth ballot.
After the House adjourned for the night, no Speaker elected & no members sworn in…@chiproytx downplays whether Americans care— Kelly Phares (@kellyfphares) January 4, 2023
“Do you think anybody in America right now is like, oh my God, there’s not a Speaker?…I think they’re patient enough to wait out a day or two for us” pic.twitter.com/7Kd4QpxREv
Today the House didn’t organize— Matt Gaetz (@mattgaetz) January 3, 2023
Biggest loser: Zelensky
Biggest winner: US Taxpayers
.@RepMattGaetz: "Everything I heard hardened my resolve that this town desperately needs change, and if it's a few of us who have to stand in the breach to force it, we are willing to do so for as long as it takes." pic.twitter.com/aUY7OqU2ZG— The Columbia Bugle ?? (@ColumbiaBugle) January 3, 2023
I have the same take on this as Tucker Carlson:
1. It is surprising and encouraging that House Republicans simply didn’t roll over and meekly fall in line behind Kevin McCarthy. That’s what The Squad did with #ForceTheVote. We saw how that worked out for progressives. We should get something in return in exchange for our support. By the end of the last Congress, House Progressives were apologizing to the establishment and retracting their letter which meekly criticized the unwavering support of Democrats for the war in Ukraine.
2. I have no sympathy for Kevin McCarthy after what he did to Steve King. The people who know him best all seem to hate him. They all have the same take on him which is that he is a Swamp creature. Still, he will probably end up becoming Speaker of the House at the end of the day.
3. We need a new Church Committee to go after the FBI and the “intelligence community.” Over the past several election cycles, we have grown accustomed to major changes in state election laws, the Deep State interfering in our elections and mass censorship. Investigate that. Then abolish the FBI.
4. Cut off Ukraine after the +$100 billion that was passed by the last Congress.