BREAKING: Clarence Thomas has plowed his RV through a crowd of protestors at Harvard Yard and rammed the admissions office. “The tanks aren’t coming, but i am”. pic.twitter.com/S0GRb1Hb4W— Paul Hundred, GED (@paul_hundred) June 29, 2023
He axed abortion and affirmative action, keep going! pic.twitter.com/uBVV2YCMSy— Matthew Pearson? (@_matthewpearson) June 29, 2023
Today's Supreme Court decision is a direct attack on Black people. No Black person will be able to succeed in a merit-based system which is exactly why affirmative-action based programs were needed. Today's decision is a TRAVESTY!!!— Erica Marsh (@ericareport) June 29, 2023
The Supreme Court Decision on race-based admissions is a step in the right direction, but it is far from putting a definitive end to anti-white attitudes in academia. pic.twitter.com/HRySZ4ND89— Jean-François Gariépy ? (@JFGariepy) June 30, 2023
Affirmative action is officially dead.
“The current Supreme Court has been out of step with public opinion in some of its highest-profile rulings, including on abortion and environmental protection. Yesterday’s ruling restricting race-based affirmative action at colleges and universities was different.
In a 6-3 decision, the court’s six conservative justices declared that colleges’ use of race as a factor in student admissions is unconstitutional. They cited the Fourteenth Amendment, which prohibits discrimination based on race. …”
1. Everyone knew this was coming. It was one of my 2023 predictions.
2. Universities have long been planning to respond to the official death of affirmative action by junking standards and turning to more subjective means like personal essays to discriminate against Whites.
3. The pessimistic case: conservatives adhere to the letter of the law, which is now officially the delusion of a colorblind meritocracy, while leftists who control institutions double down and intensify anti-White discrimination. Affirmative action is already officially banned in states like Washington and California. The letter of the law hasn’t stopped the dispossessed of Whites. The elites are more ideologically anti-White than ever under Joe Biden.
4. The optimistic case: the Supreme Court decision fatally undermines the doctrine of “disparate impact,” which is the next domino to fall, and is successfully wielded against the DEI regime more broadly in court.
5. The official death of affirmative action now joins the demise of Roe v. Wade as part of Donald Trump’s legacy.
6. Enjoy the memes and the meltdowns.
The most likely result of this opinion is a mix of both scenarios. The practical impact of the decision accelerates anti-White discrimination even as it becomes more legally questionable. Hopefully, the growing disconnect between the law and the system will end up radicalizing more people.