The Marxist mob in Virginia are destroying VA history. They even cancelled Robert E. Lee’s horse, Traveler at Washington and Lee University. This is insane. Why is @VA_GOP letting this cultural genocide happen? pic.twitter.com/6Gyz7bzGUZ— Al Stidham (@AlStidham1) July 15, 2023
Do you ever feel like you are beating a dead horse?
Do you ever feel like you have seen it all before on an endless loop?
“This is getting ridiculous. Let’s recap the actions that Dudley has orchestrated in his effort to purge W&L of any association with Lee:
- Removed Lee’s portrait from Lee Chapel (along with the famous Charles Wilson Peale portrait of George Washington);
- Removed the Lexington Garden Club plaque outside of Lee Chapel due to its reference to Lee;
- Removed from Lee Chapel all plaques referencing Lee;
- Initiated the practice of closing the gates in Lee Chapel to block the view of the Recumbent Statue;
- Supported the movement to remove Lee’s name from Washington & Lee (which failed to pass the Board of Trustees);
- Renamed Lee Chapel to University Chapel;
- Removed the images of George Washington and Robert E. Lee from graduates’ diplomas;
- Cancelled Founders’ Day;
- Ordered the construction of a wall to permanently obscure the Recumbent Statue;
- Removed two plaques in Payne Hall marking the location of Lee’s first office and the spot where Lee was sworn in as president of Washington College;
- Removed the plaque from Traveller’s stall adjacent to the President’s house.
As if that’s not enough, Dudley now seeks to remove Traveller’s grave marker outside of Lee Chapel. …”
BTW, this is the president of Washington & Lee University.
Dudley doesn’t appear to be Jewish. He is a leftist from Charlottesville who gets himself worked up into a sputtering rage over the “racism” of a horse that has been dead for over 150 years.