I don’t write much about White Nationalism these days.
Over 12 years ago now, I began to lose interest in branding myself a White Nationalist and identifying with that label. I was deeply immersed in the online movement back in the 2000s. I supported the Alt-Right, which was like White Nationalism 2.0, from the beginning to the end. I backed it to the point of going to Charlottesville and participating in Unite the Right and even standing shoulder to shoulder with the NSM in the Nationalist Front. I was doing podcasts with Richard Spencer two years ago.
After moving on to Southern Nationalism around 2011, I know the reason why I got so involved again. The Alt-Right began taking off in between 2014 and 2016. It wasn’t exactly my cup of tea, but I hopped on the bandwagon and became a strong supporter of the movement. I thought to myself … I don’t agree 100% with these people, but we should “let a thousand flowers bloom.” We should support each others projects. We shouldn’t be engaged in the sort of vicious factional internecine infighting that had always characterized White Nationalism. We should put our differences aside to unite against the common enemy which is getting violent in the streets. We should have solidarity with people who are pro-White.
I still have a lot of common ground with Alt-Right people or White Nationalists:
- I believe race exists
- I believe that race matters
- I identify with my race
- I am pro-White
- I wish all White people were pro-White
- I believe there are good White people who live all over the world. Many of them read this website and comment here
- I strongly dislike antiracism
- I reject liberalism
- I don’t believe there is anything wrong with White people who want to live around other White people. I believe that ethnocentrism is natural
- I agree that Jewish influence and power is a major problem
For all of these reasons, I will always be labeled a White Nationalist and lumped in together with White Nationalists. I don’t really care what other people think. I care a lot though about my own beliefs. I am an extremely opinionated person who writes almost every day about these issues.
Here are some reasons why I soured on branding myself with labels, jumping on bandwagons and getting deeply involved with movements. As a Christian, I have generally positive view of “Christian nationalism” and think it is an improvement over MAGA, but I am not jumping on that bandwagon either.
1. “Race is everything” – I don’t believe this. I believe that identity is complex. I have a racial identity. I have a religious identity. I have an ethnic and cultural identity. I have a class identity. I have a family identity. I’m a father and a husband. I’m juggling a lot of identities and my racial identity is nested in my overall identity. Most people have a complex sense of identity.
I find that lots of White Nationalists are not interested in hearing this. Identity is simple. White identity is biological. White identity is all that matters too. Insofar as White people have other identities that are also meaningful to them like, say, national identities, those identities are a problem. There isn’t any curiosity in probing further to find out what these people actually think about White identity.
So, this is how we get to a place like this:
As JP said in his most recent video, we live in a country where most people think we are on the verge of Civil War 2. Racism is also mainstream now. It is due to White people who have a strongly negative sense of White identity hating White people with a strongly positive sense of White identity.
Normal people of all races have a healthy sense of identity. They are biased toward their own racial in-group. They get offended when you attack them on racial grounds. This is also true of most White people. Strong progressives, however, are deeply immersed in Wokeism. They have a guilt based culture. They are ashamed of being White. They dislike other White people. They are hostile to other White people.
Whenever White Nationalists hold real world events in places like Portland or Berkeley or Charlottesville, the anti-Whites show up to disrupt their events and cause mayhem. These people are as strongly opposed to White people as White Nationalists are for White people. Muh White Brothers show up and physically assault White Nationalists. They dox White Nationalists. They try to get White Nationalists fired from their jobs. Whiteness for these people isn’t a source of pride. It is a source of shame. It is something that is evil that needs to be destroyed to achieve something called “racial justice.”
Even when these people are swinging baseball bats, maglites and bike locks and spilling their blood in the streets, some White Nationalists are incapable of seeing them as the enemy simply because they are White. If race is everything and the only thing that matters, then it doesn’t matter that these people have no sympathy or affinity for other White people. It doesn’t matter that someone hates you so much that they are willing to destroy your life and kill you. The thing that matters and what everyone should be focused on is the nigger who lives down the street or the owner of the local Mexican restaurant.
I never cease to be amazed at how easily people who are stuck in the cul-de-sac are able to box away their own personal experience. Such is the power of ideology.
2. “Race is everything” – Speaking for myself, I don’t want to live in a White ethnostate with those people. It is not desirable. I DON’T CARE that they are your Muh White Brothers. Those people are so hostile to people like us and so ready to plunge a knife in our backs that the thought has no appeal to me. A nation is based on more than shared ancestry. It requires a shared culture, identity, sympathies and affinities. White people with irreconcilable differences in values and beliefs are not a nation.
3. “Race is everything” – This is the major reason why White Nationalism seems less urgent in the 2020s. Culture is the glue that really holds nations together. As America has lost its common culture, the cultural divide between Whites now dominates everything. All the animus, hostility, bitterness and polarization in American politics is centered on the Cold Civil War. Non-Whites are nothing but supporting actors and pawns in the national drama. It seems increasingly likely that it will be the culture war, not the race war, which will boil over. Millions of White people want a National Divorce from libtards.
4. “Race is everything” – If race is everything and all that matters, then things like morality aren’t that important. This is why we have the perennial mass shootings. Some White Nationalists are able to rationalize engaging in criminal behavior which repulses everyone else in society. These people have made the brand toxic because the term brings to mind Dylann Roof or Brenton Tarrant or the Buffalo shooter. These people were so convinced that “race is everything” that they saw other people as nothing. They go out and kill people who are worshipping in churches or shopping for groceries.
5. “Race is everything” – Every major flaw with White Nationalism is a variation of the same misguided idea that “race is everything.” Some people who go down this road end up creating their own self-marginalizing, retarded fake religions like Apolloism which boil down to this one single idea. There is no real interest in the divine or the spiritual side of life. There is no interest in thinking through a new way of life or how society should be organized. Jews are bad and race is all that is matters. That’s it.
6. “Race is everything” – As we saw in bringing up the cul-de-sac of White Nationalism, the idea that “race is everything” leads some White Nationalists to bizarrely attack people who share their grievances and agree with a lot of their politics. We’re told that “you can’t be a Christian and pro-White” … in spite of the fact that most people who are pro-White have always been Christians since the earliest days of American history down to our own times in the present. Political strategy isn’t their strong suit.
7. “Race is everything” – Race is everything. It is so important that we need to create our own White ethnostate. Everyone will leave their lives behind and move to this White ethnostate. The people who believe this couldn’t be bothered to join Craig Cobb in taking over Leif, ND (pop. 53) even though they have the overwhelming numbers to do so. They never responded to Harold Covington’s calls to “Come Home, White man” and move to the Pacific Northwest. Instead, what our people to do is stay put exactly where they are and complain about changing racial demographics all day on the internet.
8. “Race is everything” – I’ve heard some White Nationalists entertain the idea that Christian nationalism must be an op because otherwise White people would realize that race is everything and would be flocking en masse this year to join their National Socialist group. Ops are needed to stop normies who over the course of 70 years have never shown the slightest interest in this ideology.
9. “Race is everything” – An excellent example of this mentality is that there can never be any common ground between people of different races. There can be no basis of shared understanding because race is everything. This especially goes for Christianity. People of different races cannot have the same culture or moral values or beliefs and must be entirely incapable of relating to each other in any way. It is a very bad thing that non-Whites are Christians and speak the English language. I shouldn’t want my neighbors to share my moral values and be decent and kind people. We shouldn’t be getting along. There is also no value to Christianity because it isn’t about race which is all that is important in life.
10. “Race is everything” – Time and again, White Nationalist groups have been done in by the sordid behavior of their own leaders. Cults of personality form and rise and fall. It is a neverending cycle. A very common problem is frat boy morals and passing around women who blow through the scene. Case in point, Richard Spencer cheating on his wife and having sex with that Samantha chick who was Eli Mosley’s girlfriend who testified against him at the the Unite the Right trial.
RACE IS AN IMPORTANT AND MEANINGFUL ASPECT OF LIFE, BUT IT IS NOT EVERYTHING
I’m not saying all or even most White Nationalists believe this. Most people wouldn’t care that a man is White if that man were to rape their mother or sister because they don’t believe “race is everything.” I’m just saying it is a very common way of thinking that I have seen over the years.
I’m going to piss a lot of people off by saying it. I don’t care. I like being challenged in the comments. Morality is important. Culture is important. Economics is important. The form of government we have is important. There are all kinds of important things in life. That’s all I am saying. You’re not helping your cause by denying this.
Note: If this sounds like a straw man, I am not talking about you. I am specifically addressing the annoying pathological monomania that is a major problem.