Joe Biden got one thing right in his speech last night.
Speaking for myself, I do want to go in the opposite direction. I do want to go backwards. There is really nothing that I believe which millions of Americans either don’t believe now or didn’t believe for most of our history. I’m not alone in believing our country has declined, our culture has degenerated, our best days are in the past or that progressive liberalism is responsible for this state of affairs.
Just think about it.
- A year ago, we weren’t squandering billions of dollars on this stupid war in Ukraine and paying the price for it in the highest inflation and energy prices in a generation
- If we go further back in time, we didn’t spend a generation occupying Iraq and Afghanistan and destroying Syria and Libya in a futile attempt to turn these countries into liberal democracies which ultimately sowed decades of chaos and terrorism and created massive refugee crises
- Two years ago, Juneteenth wasn’t a federal holiday
- Twenty years ago, no one celebrated PRIDE Month
- If we go back two years ago to the Trump era, illegal immigration had crawled to a standstill during COVID. Millions of illegal aliens have flooded across the border since then.
- If we go even further back in time, tens of millions of illegal aliens haven’t flooded into the country and tens of millions of more Third World immigrants hadn’t arrived and radically changed the racial demographics of the country. We used to have an immigration policy geared toward maintaining a White majority and even more narrowly a White majority from Northwestern Europe
- A decade ago, there were at least 10,000 fewer genders than there are now and Wokeism wasn’t a thing yet. There was free speech on Twitter and Facebook. Gay marriage was illegal. Hundreds of historic monuments were still standing. Men could not get pregnant.
- Twenty years ago, “trans” wasn’t a thing yet. There were drag queens, but there wasn’t a full on embrace of gender fluidity in mainstream culture.
- Thirty years ago, the internet wasn’t swamped by every genre of hardcore pornography imaginable.
- Thirty years ago, “white privilege” was mostly confined to radical sects of professors in our most liberal universities
- Sixty years ago, women didn’t have the right to murder their own children and this was considered shocking.
- Sixty years ago, divorce was still unusual. Homosexuality was taboo. The Sexual Revolution hadn’t severed sex from marriage, family and reproduction
- Sixty years ago, the Rust Belt was an industrial colossus and China was a deeply poor Third World country
- Sixty years ago, interracial marriage was illegal in all the Southern states
- Seventy five years ago, America wasn’t a “nation of immigrants” and the Swedish social scientist Gunnar Myrdal had yet to invent the American Creed. The notion that “America is an idea” and did not have a racial, ethnic, religious and culture core was still in the future
- Eighty years ago, the United States wasn’t a global liberal empire
- Eighty years ago, America was still a White country and a Christian country which was proud of its Anglo-Saxon culture. The Supreme Court hadn’t imposed dozens of social revolutions on the South
- A century ago, America didn’t have a Jewish elite using the mass media and the universities to poison and degrade our culture. Women were still wives and mothers.
- As we go further back in time, PMCs shrink in size and influence before falling to negligible levels prior to the 1920s
- 120 years ago, women didn’t have the right to vote and feminism was still a fringe avant-garde cause in a few European cities like Paris
- As we go further back in time, the country becomes more White and more Christian. White Christian men were the rulers of this country and dominated its culture and public life
- A century ago, the fads of modernism, postmodernism, cosmopolitanism and antiracism had yet to be embraced by our liberal elites. Critical theory hadn’t arrived yet in the United States. Political correctness was in the future. Freudianism wasn’t conflated with morality
- As we go further back in time, the administrative state shrinks into nothing before the Progressive Era. The federal government shrinks into the Post Office. The military dramatically shrinks. The FBI and the “intelligence community” vanish
- As we move further back in time, blacks, American Indians, Asians and other non-Whites cease to be citizens because America was a White Republic before the War Between the States
- Before the War Between the States, there were no Reconstruction Amendments or federal civil rights laws. The states had vast powers which they no longer possess
- As we move further back in time, the quality of both our presidents and senators dramatically increases
I could go on and on.
The past was a lot better than the present.
Basically, if you had a time machine like Marty McFly and could travel year by year backwards into the American past, you would by struck by how much better the country becomes the further you go back. You would notice how we haven’t made any progress except in science and technology. We have declined and degenerated with the pace rapidly accelerating in the post-World War II era.
Joe Biden said in his speech last night that “America is an idea.” As we have found out in our times, the truth is that a functioning country can’t be based on nothing more than an idea. When that happens, most people will just argue over what the idea means and centrifugal forces will rip the country apart.
The definition of “extremism” or “semi-fascism” is rejecting progressive liberalism and its endless novelty chasing and embrace of destructive fads and remaining true to the values and beliefs of our ancestors who founded this country. The only form of equality that used to exist under our system of government was equality between the states in the Senate. Democracy also meant sovereign states controlling their own elections. Liberty is self government, not the pursuit of sick, degenerate lifestyles.