Biden suggests it’s “sinful” and “cruel” to ban puberty blockers and sex change surgeries for kids. pic.twitter.com/y3OOFdle06— Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) March 13, 2023
This is what it was like to live through the 1960s.
- Leftists begin pushing a fringe issue like “antiracism”
- It is picked up by liberal academics
- It hits critical mass and becomes a consensus view among liberals and leftists
- It is pushed down into the culture by the media
- It is pushed down into the culture through executive action
- It eventually becomes the law
- Conservatives put up token resistance, but eventually cave and move on
- The culture adapts to the new political and legal landscape
- It becomes a “sin” to oppose it
Joe Biden is arguing it is a “sin” to oppose mutilating the genitals of children.
As absurd as it sounds to our ears, theological arguments will eventually be created to accommodate this. “Love is love” or some such nonsense. The churches will also adapt. They will also deny that there was ever a time when they were opposed to children trying out new genders.
If you were born in the 1920s and lived through the 1980s, you witnessed the invention of “racism” and watched it eventually become a “sin” and the whole culture twist itself into a pretzel to accommodate the new dogma. You also watched your descendants forget the past.