I talked to Jason Kessler yesterday.
This was before the Tim Pool interview with Kanye, MILO and Nick Fuentes. Kessler is convinced that all of these stunts are contrived and designed to troll the media into giving MILO and Nick publicity. It appears to be working. They have succeeded in making themselves the center of national attention.
Kanye’s presidential campaign seems to be purely about the Jewish Question. I have mixed feelings about this. I’m not voting for Kanye or becoming a cheerleader for his campaign. At the same time, I am not sure where this sideshow is going or whether any harm is being done by raising the issue.
1. I’m currently not supporting any candidate in the 2024 primary. I’m not supporting Trump, but I am skeptical of Ron DeSantis. I don’t see anyone else running in the Republican primary who I could support. I would never vote for someone like Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Mike Pompeo, etc. I would vote for Josh Hawley, but I haven’t seen any sign that he is running for president in 2024.
2. I can’t really blame anyone who looks at the Republican field and decides to park their vote for now with Kanye. Once again, the Revenge Tour feels tired and isn’t really inspiring and the Trump presidency was an ordeal for us. Ron DeSantis seems like a Trojan Horse for the establishment.
3. Andrew Yang succeeded in mainstreaming UBI and the stimulus checks came out of his presidential campaign. Yang lost, but his big idea was helped by his campaign.
4. The Jewish Question is the last taboo that is still standing. There is nothing edgy anymore about styling yourself as a nationalist or a populist. There is nothing taboo about isolationism, protectionism, industrial policy, immigration restriction, mass deportations, etc. The Great Replacement has gone mainstream. Normal Republicans call out anti-White racism now. White Advocacy is quasi mainstream now. National Divorce is mainstream. Christian nationalism is mainstream. If nothing else, the Trump era has been good for us in normalizing most of our ideas and beliefs. Trump himself has warned that American Jews better get their act together because his base is becoming much more aware of Jewish power.
5. Finally, I am on record in predicting that the Jewish Question will follow the trajectory of everything else and will be normalized within the next five years. It will become just another thing that rightwing people talk about like “trans” or CRT or the Great Replacement or Satan worshipping pedophiles who control the media. I predicted this would happen long before Kanye became the face of it.
Hopefully, something good comes out of this carnival. Kanye doesn’t a realistic chance of becoming president. He is raising an important issue though. The country is talking about it. Eroding the taboo on the Jewish Question and normalizing the issue helps everyone who has raised the issue.